K Fit Returning to Community Halls Guidelines
Here are our guidelines to ensure that we return to our group sessions as safely as we can during Covid-19.
These are in compliance with the government guidelines that have been issued for the re-opening of indoor gyms and fitness studios.
- We are operating to the social distancing guidelines that specify that each client has their own socially distanced space to work in. This means that we will have fewer spaces in our classes (spaces depend on the size of each hall). These spaces will be marked out by floor dots.
- We will also have our live video stream set up for clients to take part in their class at home. This helps us include more people in the class now that the spaces are limited, as well as reaching out to our clients who don’t yet feel ready to join the group, those who are vulnerable, and those who are self-isolating due to Test and Trace.
- Where one class follows another, we ask the clients who have just completed their class to vacate the hall quickly, and for clients in the next class to wait outside in a socially distanced queue until the instructor invites them into the room. Please follow signage to help us queue safely.
- Rooms will be cleaned prior to our classes starting, and instructors will wipe down surfaces and door handles between sessions.
- Where possible, we will enforce a one-way system in the hall so the entrance and exit are separate.
- Hand gel will be provided at all classes, and there are also hand washing stations available in the hall toilets.
- All clients and staff are encouraged to arrive and leave in their sports gear.
- Music will be quieter to avoid voice projection from instructors.
- Instructors will be able to see front profile of all clients and have a corridor down the middle of the room to check side profiles. No hands-on corrections will be carried out.
- We are operating on a book-in-advance basis only and will not be accepting any walk-ins. Cash is not accepted and all class payments must be made via BACS payment.
- Equipment – we are asking our clients to bring their own kit as much as possible.
- For Pilates, please bring your own mat/towel, block/cushion and band (please contact us if you do not own these).
- For Kettlercise, please bring your own mat/towel and kettlebell. Hire of our kettlebells is still available, spray and blue roll will be provided to clean your kettlebell before and after use.
- For K Fit Ballet, Ab Attack, Total Tone and HIITstop, please bring your own mat/towel.
- Total Tone and HIITstop are limited to weights only as they can easily be wiped down.
- As before Covid-19, we do not allow spectators to our classes.
- We ask that if you feel unwell, you do not attend your class.
- If one of our instructors has to self-isolate, their class will be moved back to video streaming only until they are safe to return to the group setting.
- Only fresh air can be circulated by opening windows and doors, fans are not permitted.
- Face masks – it is not recommended that you wear any face covering while exercising. This is because you need to be able to breathe freely without any restriction. The guidelines reassure that adhering to social distancing and hand washing are adequate measures to run safe fitness classes through this time.